Our Lady of Victory Parish has been serving the Lord in the Palisades community since 1909. We welcome you to join us for worship, fellowship and religious education for all ages. Our mission is to faithfully embrace and promote the values and teachings of Christ through worship, education and service to others.
Latest News at Our Lady of Victory
President's Day: This Monday is President's Day, a federal holiday. Parish offices will be closed, and our Parish Mass on Monday will be at 10:30 in the morning.
- Saturday, March 16 (Diaconate Ordination of Br. Ambrose Arralde, O.P.): 9:30am in the Crypt Church of the National Shrine
- Sunday, March 17 (First Preaching by Deacon Ambrose Arralde, O.P.): 10:30am at OLV with a reception following in Hess
- Saturday, April 20th (Great Easter Vigil): We will be welcoming new candidates and catechumens into the faith
- Sunday, April 21st (Easter): the latest day in the year it can be celebrated!
- Saturday, May 25th (Priesthood Ordination of Br. Joseph Hagan, O.P.): 9:30am at the Great Upper Church of the National Shrine
- Sunday, May 26th (First Mass of Thanksgiving): 10:30am at OLV, celebrated by Fr. Joseph Hagan, O.P., followed by a reception in Hess
- Sunday, May 25th (First Communion): 10:30am, 31 members of our parish will receive First Holy Communion
Congratulations to the 47 young men and women who were confirmed by Bishop Dorsonville this weekend. Please remember them in your prayer.
Also in your prayers, please remember the younger members of our parish who have made (or are still making) their First Reconciliation in preparation for their First Holy Communion.
Volunteer Opportunity – Saturday evening 5:15 Mass coordinator. After many years serving as the coordinator for the Saturday Vigil Mass, Sandy Cahill is hoping that someone would be willing/able to “step up to the plate” for this ministry. If interested, please check with Fr Dave or Sandy.
50th Anniversary of the Annual Appeal: A Time for Reflection: Please read the bulletin for more information about the annual appeal this year.
OLV Spaghetti Dinner: Friday February 8th from 6:30-9:00pm
Please join Our Lady of Victory’s Men’s Club for our annual CYO Spaghetti Dinner! This event will feature all of our CYO teams and we will celebrate our success this past year with ourusual food, fun, and video entertainment. Cost for the event is $20 per person, or $50 per family. As always, all proceeds will be donated to OLV to support the CYO programs.
Shop at Amazon & Raise Money for Our Lady of Victory Church: OLV is participating in AmazonSmile, a program that donates 0.5% of all eligible Amazon purchases to our school and parish at no cost to you.When you shop at smile.amazon.com it's still the same Amazon site but with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the church. Please read the bulletin for more information.
Poor Box: Donations for the month of January are designated to The Alaskan Shepherd. The Alaskan Shepherd provides financial aid to the parishes in the Archdiocese of Fairbanks, who are small and not self-supporting. Please be generous!